Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Sorry my boy

I hate vaccinating my kid. He doesn't appear to mind that much - just lets out a squawk and has a little blub and then forgets about it - whilst I, on the other hand, have found myself starting to dread it and lay the blame for that squarely on my mother. (I stupidly took my mom along for emotional support the first time he had vaccinations - she was in tears before we got there and I had to buy her an icecream afterwards to cheer her up) You see, she's the one who pointed out that these little people don't really have any experience of pain to moderate this pain against, and there is no way you can explain to them what's about to happen so that they're ready for it. So one minute they're sitting there smiling and charming the midwife, the next they're very sore. Ag shame man. But it has to be done.

In other news, we have discovered a shrew living in our house. The funny little thing is most frequently spotted running between our kitchen and our lounge where it skedaddles along the skirting board and behind one of the couches. It doesn't seem much perturbed by our presence, stops and squeaks at us from time to time. I don't know if I'm supposed to be panicking about getting rid of it, but it doesn't appear to be causing any damage. I think I'll let it stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment