Monday, April 26, 2010

A mind wandering

The funny thing about being a mom is you get to see your own mom in a whole new light. I didn't realise until my mom spent a night with us that we use exactly the same tone when talking to babies. My baby specifically. We also make the same funny little clicking noises to get their attention, we both blow raspberries at them, we both laugh in the same pitch. Now the question is this: Do I do this because I remember it from my time as an infant or have I just absorbed it without noticing over years of watching my mom interact with little people? I don't need an answer, I just wonder.

I decided to take the 2010 blog dare (to post something every single day), though what with having a baby and all that, I was a bit late in getting started (which shouldn't surprise anyone who knows me well). And I do intend to put in a whole year's worth of entries anyway, so whether I start in January or April shouldn't really matter. I just suddenly don't know what to blog about. But that's the fun part, because when I sit down at my laptop and click the 'New Post' button, I'm never really sure what's going to come out. And, as is the case with the handwritten diaries I keep, I'm often amazed by the direction the brain travels in without conscious guidance. I can't wait to look back on this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment