Saturday, May 1, 2010

Another parental milestone

I woke up this morning and felt seriously happy and alive and vital. I rolled over, fumbled for my cell to check the time and nearly had a heartattack. 8:07am. And I had woken myself up.

Me: Shane!
Sleepy Husband: Mmmph?
Me: Wake up - is the monitor still on?
SH: Hurmph?
Me: The baby monitor! Is it ON??
SH: (yawns and rolls over) Mmmph. Why?
Me: It's after 8 - in the morning!
SH: Ja, it's on. Maybe he's having a lie-in.



I felt a bit sick. I wonder if all parents have that dread settle over them when they wake up before their babies for the first time. It took me a second to pull myself together and creep into Ezra's room. Sleeping like the proverbial. I opened his curtains as he opened his eyes, yawned, stretched, let out a great big fart and grinned at me.

Boys will be boys I guess.

3 comments:

  1. Hello, following you via mommalicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you right back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I've had the exact same feeling, except we don't have a monitor as our place is tiny and she sleeps in a carrycot in our room anyway.

    ReplyDelete