Thursday, May 13, 2010

Getting back to the blog

Vodacom has been pretty good to me over the years. I haven't had any strange billing issues or random bits of nonsense of the service provider type that others often complain about. They have done what they set out to do, provide me with a service. Until recently, I can honestly say that I have been getting what I pay for. I have taken for granted that when I click the little 'connect' button on my 3G card, I am instantly and continuously part of the great wide world of the interweb until I click the little button which says 'disconnect'. What is that saying? "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone" - too true.

Frustration is a stay-at-home-mom with a whole lot to say and no platform to say it from. Frustration is discovering that Blogger's autosave function fails completely when your internet connection is dropped. Frustration is typing the same bloody story for the third time in Wordpad (why did I not use Word instead??) and then discovering it doesn't have an autosave function when your laptop's battery runs flat whilst you soothe your little boy back to sleep. Frustration is finally getting your connectivity sorted out and then having nothing to say because you're so sick of trying to remember how you best said what you wanted to say. It has been a frustrating week.

For the purpose of closure I should tell you that I got my sentimental mush on Sunday. Flowers, chocolate, a card 'written' by my boy. And since I happen to love flowers, chocolate and my husband's attempts at impersonating an 11-week-old, I was pretty chuffed. We spent the day at Inanda dam with some of our favourite people, mucking about on jetskis and lying around in the shade of a thorn tree while watching our children and wondering who they'll become as they grow up. It's exciting having so many friends with babies at the same time, a constant reminder of how far you've come and how far you still have to go. Lovely stuff.

The rest of the week has been business as usual. I'm learning every day, Ezra's growing every day, the wheels of life turn. Autumn is in full swing in the Midlands, the trees are reds and golds and browns and getting barer by the minute, the wind won't stop blowing and winter creeps closer every night. It is by far my most favourite time of year. And yes, I know that 'by far my most favourite' is grammatically ridiculous, but it's my blog and anyway I claim poetic license.

1 comment:

  1. good morning :)
    i've nominated you for the versatile blogger award... you can fetch it here:
    http://cupcake-mommie.blogspot.com/2010/05/oooooh-i-got-another-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete