Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Peek-a-boo

Have you been wondering if I'm still alive? I have too, somedays. This is not really the time for a detailed catch-up, the basics are that we're on the farm, rodents have had to be evicted from my kitchen, dogs have been chasing the neighbours goats, squatters have been sabotaging our borehole and the previous owner left us with an electricity account that runs into tens of thousands of rands. Sounds like fun, right? It really has been, in spite of, or maybe inclusive of, all of the above.

Telkom - dear, dear, DEAR Telkom - promised to have our ADSL up and running within seven days. That was about seven weeks ago. They have now promised that the issue with ADSL ports at the local exchange will be resolved "within 4 - 6 weeks, or maybe two years". That is a direct quote for those of you who have forgotten your highschool grammar. So, as much as I'd like to promise I'll be blogging again soon, I really don't know how true that is.

Of course there is more to tell, so much more. But right now I'm visiting some of my favourite ladies in Durbs. And while it's nice to have a quick peek into my virtual life, I am not going to waste a truly beautiful Spring day in front of a laptop. Not a chance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment